JUST SAY 'YES'!

𝗥𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗦𝗢𝗗𝗬 𝗢𝗙 𝗥𝗘𝗔𝗟𝗜𝗧𝗜𝗘𝗦 
PASTOR CHRIS OYAKHILOME 

JUST SAY “YES”

And he saith unto them, Follow me, and I will make you fishers of men (Matthew 4:19).

Oftentimes, many are plagued with the question of how to make the wonderful blessings of the Gospel they’ve read about in the Scriptures a reality in their lives. 

There seems to be a gulf between all that the Bible says is theirs in Christ and their experience of Him.
 
But the words of Jesus in our opening verse unveil a simple principle that can help us understand how to bring these blessings to light, and how to have them manifested in your life. 


He said, “Follow me, and I will make you fishers of men.” He didn’t say, “Follow me and try to become fishers of men.”

Don’t try to be who you already are; don’t struggle to get what you already have; just say, “Yes” to Him. Say yes to His Word. 

Every so often you declare, “I’m what God says I am; I have what He says I have, and I can do what He says I can do.” 

So, if you were a cell leader, for example, don’t say, “I’ve been pursuing my members; I can’t understand why only 4 out of my 20 members come for meetings. I just keep trying and I have done everything.”


Jesus said, “Follow me and I will make you fishers of men.” But, here you are, “trying” to be a fisher of men and it’s not working. 

Stop struggling. Stop trying to convert souls; become what you really are by saying, “Yes!” It sounds too simple, but that’s how it works.

What could be harder than the salvation of the human spirit? Even so, we received salvation by simply saying “Yes” to God! 

All the blessings we now enjoy came because of the salvation we received by saying, “Yes, I believe in Jesus Christ that He died for me and that God raised Him from the dead; and I declare that He is Lord of my life.” And that was it.

You believed and said, “Yes!” You talked "your believing" and it was settled; it worked. 

If it worked for salvation (and salvation includes everything that the death, burial and resurrection of Jesus Christ consummated for us), then the same principle will work for your ministry, your family life, your finances, your job and everything in this world! Just say, “Yes!” Believe and talk your 

PRAYER
Dear Father, thank you for giving me everything I require to live victoriously and be a success in life. I follow you in and by the Word. 
I’m what you say I am, I have what you say I have, and I can do what you say I can do. You’ve given me a life of praise, glory and thanksgiving. 
Thank you for your Word that prevails in and through me today, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

FURTHER STUDY:
2 Corinthians 1:20 NLT For all of God's promises have been fulfilled in Christ with a resounding "Yes!" And through Christ, our "Amen" (which means "Yes") ascends to God for his glory.

James 1:22-25 But be ye doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving your own selves. 
23 For if any be a hearer of the word, and not a doer, he is like unto a man beholding his natural face in a glass: 
24 For he beholdeth himself, and goeth his way, and straightway forgetteth what manner of man he was. 
25 But whoso looketh into the perfect law of liberty, and continueth [therein], he being not a forgetful hearer, but a doer of the work, this man shall be blessed in his deed. 

DAILY SCRIPTURE READING

1-Year Bible Reading Plan
Mark 15:1-20 & Numbers 32-33

2-Year Bible Reading Plan
Acts 27:1-8 & Psalm 73


𝗥𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗦𝗢𝗗𝗬 𝗢𝗙 𝗥𝗘𝗔𝗟𝗜𝗧𝗜𝗘𝗦 𝗧𝗘𝗘𝗩𝗢 

GUIDANCE IN THE NEW TESTAMENT
(Dreams Are For Old Testament Folks)

TO THE BIBLE
Acts 20:32 “So now, brethren, I commend you to God and to the word of His grace, which is able to build you up and give you an inheritance among all those who are sanctified.”


LET’S TALK
“I’m afraid I’m going to have an accident...” Simone began to express herself on the phone to Samantha. 

“Hey Simone, don’t speak like that! Why would you say such a thing?” she responded. “I had a dream where an angel of God told me so,” Simone explained. “No, forget that dream.

 God guides us by His Word and Spirit,” she asserted.

In the New Testament, God doesn’t lead us through dreams; He guides us through the Word and Holy Spirit. 

You might be quick to ask, “How about Acts 2:17? Doesn’t it indicate that God still leads through dreams?” No, He doesn’t. 

Dreams were for the sense-knowledge generation in the Old Testament.

Since the Holy Spirit came, you don’t find the apostles or anyone in the New Testament being ministered to in a  dream.

 The Holy Spirit, nonetheless, does lead through visions and other revelations such as prophecy, the inward witness, and other gifts of the Spirit. 

However, any vision, prophecy, or revelation that doesn’t align with the Word is not from God.

A certain sick man, a long-time Christian, had a vision where someone appeared in sandals and a white robe, covered with a cloud and said to him, “It’s not my will to heal you,” and then disappeared.  

He immediately believed it was Jesus because he said he “felt” the presence of God. From then on, he believed it wasn’t God’s will to heal him. 

What made him think it was Jesus who appeared to him? Was it because the person was in a white robe? Was it because the person was covered in a cloud?

Those aren’t enough reasons to assume it was Jesus. If, in a vision, you heard a voice that told you something that’s  inconsistent with the Scriptures, then it’s questionable. 

The question to ask is, does God want people well? Emphatically yes! 

Read 3 John 1:2. He’ll never come to you in a dream or vision to tell you anything contrary. 

He never contradicts Himself. Every revelation must be subjected to the Word of God!   

This is the reason you must study the Word and know it for yourself.


GO DEEPER
Hebrews 1:1-2; Psalm 119:105; Isaiah 30:21 TLB

PRAY
Dear Father, thank you for the immeasurable blessing of your Word and the Holy Spirit, who guides me in your perfect will always. 

Your Word is my light, and I’m blessed always to receive the accurate guidance I need to deal wisely, enjoying my blessed life of righteousness in Christ, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Daily Bible Reading

ONE YEAR
Mark 15:1-20, Numbers 32-33

TWO YEAR
Matthew 22:15-22, Exodus 21

ACT
Spend some time ruminating on the thoughts from today’s 
message. Share what you’ve learned with others around you.

𝗛𝗲𝗹𝗽 𝘀𝗽𝗿𝗲𝗮𝗱 𝗚𝗼𝗱'𝘀 𝘄𝗼𝗿𝗱 𝗮𝗿𝗼𝘂𝗻𝗱 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝘄𝗼𝗿𝗹𝗱 𝘃𝗶𝗮 𝗢𝗻𝗹𝗶𝗻𝗲 𝗯𝘆 𝘀𝗵𝗮𝗿𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝘁𝗵𝗶𝘀 

𝗥𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗦𝗢𝗗𝗬 𝗢𝗙 𝗥𝗘𝗔𝗟𝗜𝗧𝗜𝗘𝗦 𝗙𝗢𝗥 𝗘𝗔𝗥𝗟𝗬 𝗥𝗘𝗔𝗗𝗘𝗥𝗦 

THE WORLD IS YOURS !

Therefore let no one boast in men. For all things are yours. 1 Corinthians 

The Bible records that God made a covenant with Abraham and gave to him, and his seed, the whole world (Romans 4:13). 

The  seed includes you! Isn’t that awesome! 

That means this great and beautiful world God made, along with all that’s in it, belongs to you! 

Remember, “God promised Abraham and his descendants that he would give them the world” (Romans 4:13 CEV).

Therefore, walk tall with your chin up and chest out, for all the goodness in the world is for you to enjoy (Psalm 33:5).

Scripture Reading
Galatians 3:29

SAY THIS
The earth is full of the goodness of God, and it all belongs to me. Therefore, I live a life that’s full of peace, provisions, and abundance. Hallelujah!


𝗛𝗲𝗹𝗽 𝘀𝗽𝗿𝗲𝗮𝗱 𝗚𝗼𝗱'𝘀 𝘄𝗼𝗿𝗱 𝗮𝗿𝗼𝘂𝗻𝗱 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝘄𝗼𝗿𝗹𝗱 𝘃𝗶𝗮 𝗢𝗻𝗹𝗶𝗻𝗲 𝗯𝘆 𝘀𝗵𝗮𝗿𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝘁𝗵𝗶𝘀 post 



Comments

Popular Posts